Monday, April 6, 2009

$3 million wasted

Have you ever heard of the David Lynch Foundation? I hadn't until I read a fluff piece on a Jennifer Aniston at a benefit for the David Lynch Foundation. I have to admit I read the piece because it included info on the charity concert which featured Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr getting together on stage to perform. I've always been a Beatles fan.

Here's the quote that stopped me in my tracks:
Aniston giggled with two gal pals, and appeared excited to be at the charity concert, which raised more than $3 million to teach children how to meditate. She was also excited to see Sir Paul McCartney himself. via
What??? $3 million to teach children how to mediate?!? I hope you are as appalled as I am. One blogger had this to say about it:
$3 million dollars to teach kids how to meditate?! ... A better use of that money would be to round up a bunch of third world kids and flush all that cash down the toilet in front of them. At least give them something to remember. "Oh, the water swirled in circles, mother. You wouldn't believe it!"
I so want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but how in the world can that amount of money be justified when there are so many children literally starving and/or drinking filth infested water? We're living life upside down.

2 comments:

David Wilson said...

disgusting

Sarah said...

I can't think of anything to say

Sarah hickman