Friday, September 2, 2011

Top 10 Quotations About Quotes and Quotations

10. Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted.
-Fred Allen

9. Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted.
-Hesketh Pearson

8. The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
-W. Somerset Maugham

7. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. I often quote myself, it adds spice to my conversation.
-George Bernard Shaw

5. It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
-Sir Winston Churchill

4. After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
-Henry Louis Mencken, on Shakespeare

3. The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages, may be preserved by quotations.
-Isaac Disraeli

2. Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
-Groucho Marx

1. Have you ever observed that we pay much more attention to a wise passage when it is quoted than when we read it in the original author?
-Philip G. Hamerton

via

No comments: