Sunday, July 11, 2010

Caramel Cake

I could post a picture of the sheet cake I just finished, but I'm going to admit right out that I am not a chef...heck...I'm not a cook. I do well, to put meals before my family. If the meals are tasty, then that means either the good Lord above looked down and had pity on me or it was a pure fluke.

Anywho...

I have a large GoogleReader blog roll. I'm one of those who reads recipes and thinks, "....ooooh! I could do that!" and yet never attempts to. I have more cookbooks than is necessary. On occasion I read recipes on my blog roll that call out to me. This one called. Heck...this one SCREAMED!

So, after two weeks of thinking about making it, I decided that tonight was the perfect time. After all, we have a Southern Baptist Church business meeting. That certainly calls for something special to lighten the conversation.

I made this cake. I'm going to tell you now that I've not tasted the actual cake. but I'm also going to tell you that the actual icing...oh...my...goodness...heaven on earth. I called Sean in to taste the beater and he said, "Didn't Grandmother used to make a caramel cake like this?" Good enough. Better than good enough. PRIMO!

Go HERE for the recipe. Make it now to show your family how much you love them...or make it and lick the spatula. Either way is good.

3 comments:

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh, Bunny, thank you so much for your great post!! And your dogs are awesome. :)

Bunny Wilson said...

Thanks both for the recipe and for the compliment on our pups, Kate! BTW - I came home with maybe 5 pieces left in the 9 x 13 pan! Must be a pretty darned good recipe. The thing is - it was easy and that's important to me. Everyone loved it! Thank you so much!

David Wilson said...

It was really, really good. Sweet x2 but really good.