Monday, July 12, 2010

Growing tired...


I just talked with Daddy and the conversation was good, but sad. He still talks about Mama and how much he misses her - "There is no woman on earth who could even begin to hold a candle to your mother." He is slowing down. He says he grows tired quickly now and even a walk to the garden is hard for him.

He talks of Mike and Patsy being so good to him. I know I say that every time I post about my conversations with him, but I am so very very grateful to them for their loving care of Daddy. He couldn't make it without them and I know it's incredibly hard on them.

Pray for my Daddy to have strength and joy. He's lacking in both right now.

1 comment:

David Wilson said...

It's always a blessing to talk with Curtis. His voice wavers, and he stutters some, but you can feel the love and the grace through the phone. I knew I was blessed to marry my beloved Bunny, but to receive the love of Dot and Curtis has to me been so precious. What an example. Then to see how Mike and Patsy serve Curtis - again, another example of service. Blessing upon blessing.